Our mission is to:
‘Build the very best working relationships based on our Christian values in order to deliver learning experiences that last a lifetime.’
Building the very best working relationships:
Encourage and promote traditional Christian values within the framework of a rapidly changing world;
Provide a safe and happy environment in which all students have the opportunity to develop into well-rounded individuals - personally, physically, socially, academically and spiritually;
Maintain and promote a considerate community in which each person is encouraged to demonstrate concern and respect for everyone;
Have at its heart collective worship contributing towards the spiritual development of both pupils and adults;
To honour the Christian faith, pursuing thankfulness, grace, celebration, aspiration, justice and trust in all that we do;
Ensure that all students, parents and staff are involved in the fulfilment of our vision of excellence.
Learning experiences that last a lifetime:
- Help students to develop inquisitive and enquiring minds; the ability to question and argue rationally, approaching every task with resilience and determination;
- Ensure that the teaching of relationships, philosophy, ethics and debate, develops students' deeper understanding of other faiths, beliefs and cultures;
- Provide a purposeful curriculum, with diverse learning experiences, that meets the needs of students - offering equality of opportunity and the highest standards of teaching;
- Foster within each student, a thirst for learning and a recognition that education is a lifelong process;
- Support students to understand the world in which they live and the inter-dependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- Nurture student awareness of their Christian and cultural heritage alongside an acceptance of the diverse society in which they live.