Year 7 – 2023/24 AP1
My child feels safe at the The King's Academy
My child is well taught at The King's Academy
|The academy has a culture of high expectations for my child||100%|
Teachers expect my child to work hard in each lesson
My child understands and knows the behaviours we value and the behaviours we reject
My child receives reward points from their full range of subject teachers
|The academy makes me aware of why a high level of attendance is important for my child||100%|
I actively encourage my child to complete homework to the best of their ability
I believe the Academy is effective in communicating information to me about my child
Do you engage with the information shared through the Class Charts app e.g. discuss your child's reward points for the day, discuss and check homework etc.
When you have visited The King's website, do you find it useful and informative
Please tell us about something we do well:
- " Your teacher's encourage high levels of school work and you encourage each pupil to be themselves and work hard, within a caring encouraging environment."
- "The information and ongoing support for my son is very positive. I feel his needs are acknowledged and met."
- "Care about the children’s wellbeing and handle any concerns well."
- "Trying to make sure that my child is included and that things are adapted for her so that she can have a better learning experience."
- "Good communication through the app. When I have emailed the Head of Year I have had a quick response."
- "It was good to have acamedic dates for the year before September. Lovely feedback from the teachers, really appreciate that they are challenging my child to achieve their best."
- "Keeping the children safe."
- "Communicate with parents."
- "Mrs Bailey and Miss Stevens made my child feel they had someone to talk to when she was worried."
- "Setting high values, and offering a good range of extra curriculum activities. Setting regular homework and form time appears to be a crucial part of the day, helping students to settle in, an opportunity to speak to their form tutor before the school day commences."
- "I only have to email the Head of Year when my child is struggling with the work or homework and she responses back to me as soon as she can and she let's her teachers know straight away."
- "Always pushing for higher standards. Recognising the potential in students."
- "Some teachers go above and beyond."
- "My child is currently happy and enjoying school life, this can only be a reflection on the teaching staff in school."
- "I find The King's Academy very welcoming, helpful and informative."
- "Consistent approach to behaviour."
- "Explaining that a parent can email teachers if their child is finding homework too difficult. The app is perfect for looking at homework set etc."
- "High expectations."
- "The care given to the children."
- "Providing opportunities for students to take part other than lessons such as creative writing."